Yellowstone Bison Controversy
I need a 10 page paper on the Yellowstone bison controversy. I need it to be pro-bison, against the slaughter. The controversy involves the myth of brucellosis being transmitted to cattle, and the endless slaughter (by the Dept. of Livestock and state of Montana) of the last remaining buffalo that reside in Yellowstone nat'l park because of this myth.
Following are areas that need to be addressed in Yellowstone Bison Controversy Term Paper:
- The history of the bison in North America (population, native americans and their important, sacred relationship with buffalo, settlers and the destruction/slaughter of buffalo in the 1800's) Bring the reader up to date with the population and the last wild buffalo that reside in Yellowstone.
- Cover brucellosis in-depth, and the fact that there has never been a case reported of the tranmission from bison to cattle.
- Cover the slaughter of the bison, and the unnecessary slaughter of bison that are negative for brucellosis, as well. Please describe the Horse Butte facility where they are being taken to slaughter, and bring the reader up to date on the numbers that have been slaughtered and recent happenings (slaughters, protests, court hearings) Please stress the idea of the cattle industry playing a major role in all of this slaughter.
- Cover the Citizen's Plan to Save Bison and its supporters and the support of the native americans. Please bring up to date
- Basically, stress the importance of the bison and the absurdity of their slaughter for such a silly reason and that we must continue to support the last free buffalo.
Websites to use as reference in Yellowstone Bison Controversy Term Paper:
- Buffalo Field Campaign (mention this group in paper too), wildrockies.org
- Yellowstone official website
- Defenders of Wildlife website
- National Park Service Website.
- Newspapers: Billings Gazette, Salt Lake Tribune, Bozeman Chronicle all have articles.
- Please include at least 2 books as references.
I need 10 CITED references!!