Routine Activities Theory
Paper requirements are as follows for Routine Activities Theory Research Paper:
- Use the crime of child sex offending and "Routine Activities theory" to explain 3 specific issues about this type of crime. The issues to be explained by the theory guidelines are as follows:
- Why the specific criminal event or activity that you chose occurred.
- How this theory can be used to predict and prevent the likelihood of a similar crime occurring in the future.
- Suggestions that this theory would probably give on how to process this offender (or group of offenders) through the criminal justice system (i.e. death penalty, life sentence, community supervision, treatment orientation or punitive orientation, and so on).
Your Routine Activities Theory Research Paper should contain the following:
- An abstract
- References Page at the end
- You should have at least 20 references
- Abstract, and References Page should all be in APA format
- Also, all internal citation of outside sources plus the listing of all references should also adhere to APA format
- All text pages should be double-spaced and in 12 point font
- Further, your Term Paper should consist of an Introduction
- A Main Body
- A Conclusion section
- The Introduction Section should be 3 to 5 pages
- The Main Body should consist of three specific sections.
- The first section should be entitled "Etiology," the second section should be entitled "Prediction and Prevention," and the third section should be entitled "Recommended Criminal Justice Responses."
- Each of these sections should be from 3 to 5 pages in length
- This should then be followed by the Conclusion Section of roughly 2 to 3 pages that clearly refines the connection between your chosen theory and your chosen criminal event or criminal activity
Thus, your Term Paper should be anywhere from 14 pages (plus an Abstract Page, and a References Page) to 23 pages in length (plus an Abstract Page, and a References Page).