Police Officer Use of Deadly Force
Resesarch on the use of deadly force by police officers is a hot topic today. The police are under scruttany for many incidences of deadly force that may or may not be racially motivated or incited due to race. You decide whether or not police officers should use deadly force in certain situations. Include your analysis and findings in a research project that is similar to the one outlined below.
Elements to Include in Research
If you need a research paper on Police Officer Use of Deadly Force, be sure not to take a stance, either for or against deadly force. Provide an overview of the topic and its most important points. However, both the pro and the con side should be addressed in the paper. The writer should include the following in a project that is to be expertly researched:
- Define deadly force and when it is allowed to be used
- Discuss the training that police must have in regards to using force
- Discuss legal and ethical issues associated with the topic
- Discuss the effects or aftermath of deadly force encounters
- Discuss issues of hesitation and liability when the police choose to use or not use deadly force
- Address any racial, gender, physical size, or educational distinctions that cause police officers to use or not use deadly force
- Provide statistics of officer injuries and deaths and offender injuries and deaths as a result of deadly force being used
- Discuss the concept of the "USE of Force Continuum"
- Discuss the publics and the media's stance on police use of deadly force.
- Include any important or relevant concepts that you may uncover during your research.
The paper must not be too broad or go in too may directions.
Format for Police Officer Use of Deadly Force Research Paper:
- The paper should have a thesis, an introduction, and a conclusion.
- The thesis statement should be 1-2 sentences, and in the first paragraph.
- The thesis should be clearly focused and express the theme for the whole paper.
- The introduction should cover all the main concepts of the paper.
- The conclusion must show the reader that the paper met its purpose.
- The content of the paper should be organized logically and developed thoroughly, according to the outline, thesis, and introduction.
Resource Information provided for Police Officer Use of Deadly Force Research Paper:
- The writer should use independent and scholarly sources when developing the paper.
- They should be peer reviewed when possible.
- The sources should come from criminal justice, sociology, or psychology journals and periodicals. If possible, the researchers and writers will use the Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Institute of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, and the Pennsylvania State Police's websites, reports, statistics, and policies on police use of deadly force, when developing the paper. If the source comes from the Internet, it must come from a ".edu" or ".org" or ".gov" website.
- The works cited page must be titled "works cited" and be in MLA format.
- The paper must have 22 endnotes and an endnote page in MLA format.
- I would also like to request that the sources used (journals, periodicals) to write my paper are emailed to me along with the paper.