Organizational Communication Competence Research Papers
Paper Masters will custom write an organizational communication competence research project for you for any business or communications course. Get help today with any organizational analysis from the expert writers at Paper Masters.
A common assignment requires students to conduct a literature search of an area of interest within communication studies. Students must survey, no fewer than 15-20 empirically based research articles on the topic and prepare a written literature review summarizing and synthesizing the state of the art on this area of study. A literature review is a summary of previous research on a topic of interest in organizational communication competence. The literature should give the reader an overview of what has been previously discovered about the topic. This should include, but is not limited to, research results, methods used to answer these questions, as well as what questions remain. The idea is not to just summarize the information, but combine it in terms of themes in the research and conclusions about this area of study. Generally, scholars write a review of literature in order to propose a specific research project based on some remaining question in the area.
Authers suggest that, "a common format for a review of literature" is as follows:
- Introduction - introduce the topic and provide a preview of what will be covered in the paper.
- Rationale - describe the significance of the research and the importance of the area of study. It is a good idea to define your variable of interest here, so everyone knows what you mean.
- Review - A thorough review of past literature organized around a specific thesis. This is where you utilize information from previous studies to build a case for your own research ideas.
- Conclusion - Restate the thesis of your paper and summarize all key points. Again, this is like a closing statement in a courtroom, you must build a case for your project.
- Research Question - The last thing that you should include in your literature review is your research question.
- References - The final part of the prospectus lists all reference materials the researcher has consulted or expects to consult during the course of the research. I will expect you to use the guidelines contained in APA, 5th edition.
Paper Topic and propsed research question:
Organizational Communication Competence
What personality characteristics are associated with a competent communicator?
Proposed layout of Organizational Communication Competence Research Paper:
- Introduction: talk about why research on communication competence is important to the field of communication studies.
- Define communication competence
- Define organizational communication competence.
- Find peer-reviewed articles pertaining to personality and communication competence to lead into research question.