A Criminal Justice research essay developed at the 300 level requires much careful consideration and commitment to scholarly development. The research essay must be typed and must be 10 pages in length, not counting title pages and bibliography. The research paper must be properly written with minimal grammatical and content errors.
Disclosing Officer Untruthfulness to the Defense: Is a Liars Squad Coming to Your Town? After Reading this article, answer the following questions:
- As the Chief of Police, how would you handle this situation?
- Will you terminate this fifteen year veteran with a virtually clean record? Why?
- Or will you impose significant disciplinary action as opposed to termination? Why?
As part of this research essay, please read the following United States Supreme Court Cases:
- Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963)
- Giglio v. United States, 405 U. S. 150 (1972)
- United States v. Agurs, 427 U. S. 97 (1976)
- Kyles v. Whitley, 514 U. S. 419 (1995)
- United States v. Bagley, 473 U. S. 667 (1985)
All research papers must have a title page which should not be numbered and which does not count in the total page count of the paper. A complete bibliography using a proper alphabetical format must be at the end of the paper.
Officer Untruthfulness Research Paper will be graded according to the following general guidelines:
- Conformity to specified directions concerning structure and design
- Appropriate sources
- Accuracy of documentation and formatting of sources
- Unity (maintaining a controlling idea or thesis and not digressing from it)
- Coherence (establishing a smooth and logical flow of thought)
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Correct format
Keep This In Mind While Writing Officer Untruthfulness Research Paper:
Plagiarism, the use of material not cited or not acknowledged or material deliberately copied or adapted in any way from an unacknowledged source. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will result in a grade of “0” for the paper and/or the course. Any time more than 10 consecutive words are used from a single source, credit should be given to that source and the information should be contained in quotation marks using either the footnoting system at the bottom of a page, or the APA style where the last name of the author from the bibliography, the publication year and the page number should be listed in parenthesis. i.e.
If two or more continuous lines from a single source are used, they should be contained in quotation marks, indented and single-spaced.
For many years, management theorists have been trying to identify, define and proscribe various types of organizational behavior and management behaviors. Their theories have ranged far and wide, indicating the depth and breadth of the problem, but still no definitive solution has been found.
In the event that you are using your own words to paraphrase the idea of another, at the end of the referenced material, again list the author’s name, the publication year and the page or pages.
As a general rule, anything mentioned in your paper, that is not “common knowledge” should be footnoted and referenced. i.e. “A recent study shows” should have a footnote.