My Big Fat Greek Wedding
A common assignment on My Big Fat Greek Wedding is as follows:
How you analyze an opening scene: please watch ONLY the first 15 minutes of the movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”.
Source: the movie only
For My Big Fat Greek Wedding Research Paper there are 2 pages needed but no more than 3 pages for the project. Write 2-3 paragraphs, could be more but not too many.
Only need 1 to 3 sentences to answer the following items below for the opening scene.
The Following Questions are to be answered in My Big Fat Greek Wedding Research Paper
- Is this a long shot establishing scene. Yes or no, don’t need to explain. If not, then state there is no longshot/establishing scene.
Long shot – see entire shot, main character, the establishing scene or shot that sets the scene, overall view from a distance of whole scene often used as an establishing – to set the scene. Person – will show whole body.
- Beginning Story line – not the plot, the story, what do you see with the character(s),does the narrator know the omniscient or partial omniscient, yes or no, give one line about the narration.
- Demographics/scene- location, economic era, or year
- Temporal Concepts – is it a holiday, time of day, rainy, sunny, is it a sad or happy moment (emotions)
- Characters – identify protagonist, antagonist, or secondary
- Symbolism – look for in the opening scene
- Context – identify one of the following context below, a, b, or c that fits the movie.
A. Social Context – gender roles, marriage, conventions, morals, class
B. Cultural Context – look for examples of interaction potential for conflict. Attitudes & values expressed by both groups.
C. Historical Context – look for examples of symbols of the “old world” and “new world”, costume and its appropriateness, visible attempts to change the environment.
PLEASE NOTE: make it simple and to the point, simple vocabulary usage please. Nothing too advanced for a My Big Fat Greek Wedding Research Paper.