Make a Difference Project
Make a Difference Project Research Paper:
Make preliminary decisions regarding the focus for the project and procedures for developing the project. ONLY Develop a 700 word proposal, for now.
The instructions below are what you will be basing your proposal on:
You can have a great impact in your classroom, your school community, or your school district. There are critical issues facing students, teachers, and schools on a daily basis. The purpose of the Make a Difference Project Research Paper is for you to:
- Realize that you can develop a plan for positive change
- Be able to make a positive difference at your school or in your district
- Have the opportunity to prove your leadership ability at your school or in your district
- Apply what you are learning at your school or district
To complete the Make a Difference Project:
- Assess a critical need within a school or district that affects a large number of students or staff. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- De-tracking of students
- Lack of services (e.g., child care, health care) and/or recreational opportunities
- Lack of funding for special programs
- Low performance on standardized assessments
- Low teacher morale
- Low parent involvement
- Maintenance and improvement of technology
- School violence, safety, and security
- Competition with established charter schools
- Changing demographic mix at school
- Declining enrollment
- Develop a plan to address this need, including:
- A description of the critical need, supported with evidence.
- A presentation of options and solutions. Consider political ramifications and the impact of pertinent legislation.
- An implementation plan that must include a project outline, a time line, a budget, information on personnel and staffing, recommended resources, and an evaluation process or instrument.
Remember, just write a PROPOSAL for this information, it doesn't need to include elaborate information or anything.