Leadership and Motivation
Leadership and Motivation Research Paper Requirements:
Write a leadership and motivation self-improvement essay that incorporates:
- Reflections of your initial leadership.
- Personal feedback.
- Self-assessment with the knowledge gained from this course to develop a leadership improvement plan.
2. Leadership and Motivation Research Paper should define your leadership and motivation styles in terms of one or more of the:
- Leadership and motivation models
- Concepts or theories.
Leadership and Motivation Research Paper should address these questions:
- What leadership model, style, or theory best describes you as a leader? Give examples using the terms and concepts in your textbook The Leadership Experience third edition by Richard L. Daft.
- What are your most distinguishing leadership traits?
- As a follower, what leadership style do you prefer?
- What motivational model or theory best describes how you influence others? Give examples using the terms and concepts in your textbook.
1) "Needs based" motivational theories:
- Herzberg's Two Factor Theory
2) "Other" motivational theories:
Based on your initial self-assessment at the beginning of this course, your current leadership and motivational skills, and the subsequent knowledge you have gained from study the course materials, what goals will you set and what plan of action will you implement to improve your (1) leadership and (2) motivation skills at the personal, interpersonal, managerial, and organizational levels? Include the type of leadership and motivation theories or model you intend implement to achieve your goals. I can e mail over my answers to the self-assessment that we did in the beginning of the course.
Your thesis sentence could read something like this: This essay will describe the styles that lead and motivate followers, and present a plan of action to improve. You should support your thesis with at least three supporting paragraphs and a summary paragraph. Be sure to include theories, models, terms, concepts and principles learned throughout the course.