Latino Academic Progress
Research Proposal for Latino Academic Progress Research Paper:
- Includes a brief statement of a research question: How does home environment,
including language and culture, affect the academic progress of students
in middle school from a Latino background?
- Address its rationale (why is it important and interesting to the writer
- Introduce the question
- Include 4-5 sub questions
- Discuss one or two of the implications of the question (who would be
impacted or informed from the results of the research?)
Research Plan for Latino Academic Progress Research Paper:
- Details how the writer plans to explore and investigate the research
- Introduce the Methodology section with a paragraph stating which three
data-gathering methods to be used to answer the research question.
- Add an anticipated data analysis section to the methodology section.
- Identify the participants to be included in the research.
The town/city:( and information about it ):
- Generally, indicate which groups will be included in your research.
- Include a Procedures section in which you in describe how you will obtain
consent from the principal, superintendent, teachers, students/parents,
staff, etc. (permission slips, etc.)Include any unusual circumstances
or anticipated difficulties you might have with this (anxious parents,
language barriers, etc.)
- Identify in separate side headings each of the three methods you
will use to gather data.
- In each method, include: who and how many will participate
in this method; how you’ll contact them; how you’ll obtain consent;
if interviewing, where and when will you interview them, for how long,
sample questions ; if sending out a questionnaire, when will you
distribute, how, sample questions, how long and in what format, how long
do they have to complete them, how do they return them to you; if
conducting an observation, when, for how long and for how many visits,
describe the classroom/ or area to be observed, will you videotape or
audiotape, what will you be looking for. For all of the methods,
include what you are seeking.
- Identify the possible implications of your research that you see for
educational practice in an Implications section.
- The order of the paper is: introduction (1pg), literature review (5pg),
methodology (4pg), results to date (1pg), implications (1pg),