Influence of Exercise on Wellness
This is a research paper on the influence of exercise on wellness choices, body image and coping skills.
Introduction Section should include background on wellness choices, body image and coping skills and how it affects single mothers living in this particular situation. Participant are single mothers from low SES. Personal growth night classes are offered. Participants have chosen to participate in a running program offered as one of those growth classes that will train them for the Denver Marathon and half-marathon.
Method Section of Influence of Exercise on Wellness Research Paper:
- Prior to beginning the training program participants took a questionnaire that included the Rosenberg Self-Esteem Assessment, the Beck Hopelessness Inventory, The Positive and Negative Affect Scale, The Depression, Anxiety, Stress Scale, The Objectified Body Consciousness Scale, and the General Health Survey.
- PLEASE DETAIL AND GIVE ANALYSIS FOR EACH SCALE AND INVENTORY. Data for age, ethnicity, year of school completed and smoker/non-smoker status was also recorded.
- My method section starts as follows: PLEASE EDIT AS YOU SEE FIT. I did not finish the detail of each instrument (THE DASS, PANAS etc).
Participants in Influence of Exercise on Wellness Term Paper:
- Participants for this investigation are residents ages 20 to 40 that live at facilitation. Since its inception, the facilitation has provided shelter to 3,120 families and has been cited as a national model for its combination of housing with on-site family services.
- It has an annual operating budget of $4 million dollars and employs 54 full-time employees. During the fiscal year July 2005 to June 2006, the facilitation had 1,760 volunteers complete over 24,000 hours of volunteer service with a dollar value of over $352,500. The overall goal of this facilitation is to allow low income single parent families achieve sustainable personal and economic self-sufficiency (citation).
- As a resident of this facilitation you are required to attend at least three personal enrichment classes per month. These classes are taught by experienced volunteer facilitators and are provided to the residents as an important catalyst for personal growth. The facilitation attention to an individual’s multidimensional needs, in addition to providing housing, are the true roots of success for self-sufficiency.
- Participants for this study chose to participate in a marathon training class offered by the principal investigator, Mari Marsico, who is a marathon coach and personal fitness trainer. Participants have a mean age of ? (s.d.= ?). Ethnic/racial composition of the sample group is as follows: ? Caucasian, ? African American, ? Latino and ? other. A total of 38 residents have participated in this study.
Tests for Influence of Exercise on Wellness Research Paper:
- The materials we used in this study included a questionnaire containing questions from the Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale, the Positive and Negative Affect Scale, the Depression Anxiety Stress Scale, the Beck Anxiety Inventory, and the General Health Assessment, pencils and a quiet area for assessment.
- The Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale is a 10-item assessment that is a well-validated measure of one’s global self-esteem and has high test-retest reliability. This self-report questionnaire contains 10 questions and a range of 0-30. Statements relate to overall feelings of self-worth or self-acceptance and the higher your score the higher your self-esteem.