Influence of Asian Culture on Counseling
Qualitative research paper on the following topic:
"The influence of the Asian culture on the practice of professional counseling"
Additional information for Influence of Asian Culture on Counseling Research Paper.
The research should include the qualitative questions /issues raised on the following :
- What does culture mean to an Asian?
- How might our personal meaning of culture influence how one understands other people's problems?
- In what ways does your cultural heritage influence your understanding or response to counselling the cultural issue?
- In what ways does your cultural background influences or affects the way you ask questions from clients?
- Do our values inhibit the type of questions /issues /problems war are willing to work with our clients?
- What topics would people in our culture have difficulty with in counselling?
- How would you see your role working with the client?
- How does your cultural expectations affect the interaction between you and your client?
These questions should be answered first and is compulsory, and before the above questions:
- what are the characteristics of an Asian counselor that are different from a western counselor (such as an American)? together with the question
- what does culture mean to an Asian?
(Sample-Imagine there are only 5 respondents- classmates to the above questions who may have similar or diverse views. Female-One age 33 resigned teacher, age 35 homemaker ,aged 45 retired accountant,2 Males aged 46 flight trainer, age 35 sales executive)
Sub Headings for The Influence of Asian Culture on Counseling Research Paper:
- Research design and method
a. Overall aim of the study
b. Rationale for the research method
c. Sample (use of inclusion /exclusion criteria)
d. Rationale for sample
e. analysis of interview data
a. Identify the problem
b. Identify the solution
c. What clients want
d. Limitations of the study