Research Papers on the Humanitarian Response to New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina
An excellent public administration project is to look at the humanitarian response as it relates to New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina. Your research paper should include the following:
Here are the course objectives, which should be incorporated in Humanitarian Response to New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina Research Paper:
- Articulate the historic and evolving role of humanitarian assistance.
- Analyze the public health consequences of natural and man-made disasters.
- Discuss the impact of terrorism on humanitarian assistance.
- Compare and contrast the scope of work, role, structure and culture of
non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the United Nations (UN).
- Discuss the role of the military in humanitarian assistance.
- Use the internet to track a natural disaster; discern valid information; and report relevant information.
- Discuss forced migration of populations and the effect on traditions, values and humanitarian action.
- Apply the principles of Humanitarian Law to providing humanitarian services in conflict situations.
- Analyze ethical and political issues facing humanitarian workers.
Prepare a research paper of however long you think it should be to cover the topic of the humanitarian response in New Orleans and in Hurricane Katrina. A term paper is defined as a scholarly paper written in such a way that it would be worthy of publication in a peer reviewed journal. The paper may include sections as: