Fundamentals of Research
Description: Utilizing the principles, techniques and formats learned in this course, develop and write a minimum 3 page research paper (excluding title page and references). This paper can be of the argumentative or analytical type. The paper is to be written on one of the following topics: Plagiarism; Research Paper Formats; Conducting Research on the web; or The Modern Electronic Library.
Students are required to submit the Course Research Paper typed using the APA style format.
The Fundamentals of Research Writing Research Paper must include:
- An introduction containing a thesis statement or question
- Evidence of the utilization of both primary and secondary source information.
- Direct quotes
- The use of transitional words to link sentences.
- Sentences in which logical order are used.
- Using pronouns for important nouns.
- At least three of the following types of in-text citations
- A short quotation
- A block quote
- A work with two authors
- A work with three or more authors
- A work with no author
- A conclusion
- At least four different reference types from the following types. One reference must be from the Research Database found in the CSU Online Library. The sources must not be older than five years:
- An article from a journal
- A reference from a brochure
- An article from a publication available on the Internet.
- An article from a non-internet publication A reference to a television series A reference from an encyclopedia A reference from a published newspaper A reference from a book (You may use the Electronic Books found in the Online Library)
- A reference from an online newsletter