Displacement and “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings”
Displacement and “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” research papers take a vast amount of time to outline and write. Here is a suggestion on how Paper Masters lays out an assignment like that.
Remember, any source you cite on your works cited page must be referenced properly in your paper with a direct quote, paraphrase, or summary.
The Works Cited page does not count as the 7th page of your research paper.
This paper is over Maya Angelou's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" and the topic is Displacement.
Things that you should consider talking about in this research paper are:
- Does Maya's sense of displacement make her even more susceptible to Mr. Freemans's sexual advances?
- How do the rape and the death of Mr. Freeman influence her throughout the rest of the novel?
- How do Maya's many different homes influence her sense of displacement in the world?
- How does Maya's personal sense of displacement represent the global sense of displacement for all African-Americans?
Other specifications for this research paper:
- All sources need to be published and reliable.
- You must interpret each quote that you use so that the reader will be able to understand the perspective of this research paper.
-Be sure to use present tense throughout the whole paper.
- Make sure you write the paper in third person.
- Your sources must include all of the following:
- A minimum of one journal article
- A minimum of three books
- A minimum of two internet/web sources (not including anything from ProQuest)