Development Advantages and Disadvantages of Infant Day Care
Need help with a research paper? What follows is an example of a research paper topic on Development Advantages and Disadvantages of Infant Day Care that our writers have created. They chose to focus a day-care center and relating them to different theories and concepts.
You need to look for behaviors at the site that are examples of what the theorists say should be taking place in that age group. Look for books, journal articles, magazine articles, and newspaper articles that discuss your Development Advantages and Disadvantages of Infant Day Care.
Be sure to include a discussion of developmental issues as they relate to the text and the unit. In other words, analyze the situations that you see in the center and relate them to the concepts. For instance, how do the activities in the day care center relate to the theories of Jean Piaget, Erickson, etc.? How do the activities of the children at different age levels relate? Do not just list observations! Cite all references in the body of the paper, as well as in the reference page.
Review the Learning Objective Summary below:
- Discuss the effects of the interaction of nature and nurture on human development.
- Describe Freud's psychosexual stages for the first three years of development.
- Describe Erickson's psychosocial stages for the first three years of development.
- Describe overall physical growth during the first three years of development.
- Identify and describe Piaget's Cognitive stages for the first three years of development.
Developmental Advantages and Disadvantages of Infant Day Care Research Paper should describe the following:
- Describe the assignment and the reason you chose the selected facility.
- Summarize your observations (and answer such questions as: Would you or would you not choose this facility for your loved one and why?
- Include a brief reference to the learning objectives for the option you chose.
- Conclude with your general impressions of the facilities.
- Be 3 pages long plus your observation form. (Minimum three pages long.)
- Include an annotated bibliography in APA style with a minimum of three sources.
- Be typed, double spaced, with 1 inch margins.
The Developmental Advantages and Disadvantages Assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to compare the behavior I observed at Miss A.'s Creative Learning and Infant Center with the developmental theories of Freud’s psychosexual stages, Erickson’s psychosocial stages, Piaget’s cognitive stages and physical growth during the first three years of development. In addition, I will be comparing the effects of the interaction of nurture and nature of the development for this age group.
Reason I chose this facility:
I chose Miss A's Creative Learning and Infant Center located in Boulder, Colorado, because of her reputation as a state-of-the-art day care facility. The center has been in business since 1995. Miss A's philosophy is “Nurturing the whole child through creative learning.” Each child moves at his/her own pace.
Summarize your observations (and answer such questions as: Would you or would you not choose this facility for your child and why?)
Upon arrival at this infant care center, I was immediately impressed with the organization of each age-related classroom. Classroom one supported infants from six weeks to six months. Classroom two supported those infants from six to twelve months. Once an infant can sit up without support and crawl, which follows the “Milestones of Motor Development” , plus eat more jar foods they are moved to this area. Classroom three supported children from 12 to 18 months. These children are able to stand alone well, walk alone and can use their thumb and hand in pincer movement to manipulate objects.