Demonology Research Papers
When writing a research paper on demonology, be sure to include the perspective you are writing from. Paper Masters can write on demonology from a religious studies perspective or any other demonology related topic. Topics in demonology may include:
- The occurrence of demonology in literature
- The history of demonology in religions
- Demonology as a science - Is it, in fact, a legitimate science?
Determine the types of questions that you must ask when trying to write a historiographical essay. These questions include: who are the major historians and scholars who have dealt with your topic, what are their arguments, on what evidence do their arguments rest (and does that evidence vary), how do their interpretations vary over time and in relation to one another, and into what "camps," "schools," or approaches can you divide them.
2) For starters, find at least ten books (and two reviews of each of those books, if possible) that are directly related to your topic. Find at a minimum twenty to twenty-five scholarly articles that are related to your topic.
3) Use the following guidelines to help you assess each of the articles/books you read in order to answer the questions in #1, above. Try to outline the argument of each book and article, if possible, so that you can be sure that you are following all the points the author is trying to make. Evaluate how well the evidence supports --- and the approach fits --- the argument the author is trying to make. To the extent necessary and possible, use class lectures, your textbook, or better yet, other scholarly books and articles, to put into context the argument the scholar is making. The footnotes of the article will be helpful in finding other materials. Once you have considered all these issues, make a note to yourself (perhaps on an annotated bibliography) of the book's or article's usefulness for exploring your topic.