The purpose of this paper is to identify and explore personal attitudes, values, and behaviors that may impede and enhance the counseling relationships. It is expected that this self-assessment and personal exploration will be an in-depth analysis rather than a superficial one. This paper requires careful self-exploration and should draw on the experiences of the term which can impact your values, attitudes, and behaviors with regard to counseling. Hopefully this will allow you to provide concrete examples of personal growth and improved skills as a counselor.
Issues to address in your Counseling Relationships Paper
- What is your value orientation? What values do you bring to the helping relationship?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses as a counselor? How can you use these more effectively? In what ways would you like to change them?
- What biases or predispositions (positive or negative) do you hold regarding working with certain groups of people, types of problems, or emotional states?
- In what ways have you attempted to expose yourself to or become open to experiences, values, and beliefs that are different from your own?
- What have you discovered about yourself as you have examined your personal values, beliefs, and behaviors that can influence your ability to help others?
- Describe your personal style and theory of counseling. How has this changed during the semester? How do you anticipate that it will change in the future?
Counseling Relationships Research Paper , you will be expected to:
- Develop personal awareness and insight into personal professional characteristics that are relevant to the counseling profession.
- Apply course concepts and theory to self-assessment.
- Explore personal goals and motivation.
- Analyze biases, differences and strengths and weaknesses and apply the knowledge to personal development goals.
- Communicate personal insights and discoveries clearly.
- Provide detailed information on the issues outlined above.
- The writing structure, spelling, and grammar should be correct.
- Approximately seven (5) pages, typed, double-spaced.
- The course paper should demonstrate scholarship