Christian Counseling Theory
Christian Counseling Theory Research Paper Must discuss the following nine elements and have a table of contents reflecting each of the below:
- Body (The Somatical Self)
- Cognition (The Thinking Self)
- Feelings (The Feeling Self)
- Volition (The Choosing Self)
- Human Spirit (Breath of Life)
- image of God (The Core Self)
- Holy Spirit (Hopefully in the Core Self)
- Sin/ flesh/ SAS (The Soulical Self)
- Temporal systems (Self influenced by earthly systems)
- Supernatural systems (Self influenced by eternal systems)
10 constructs in Christian Counseling Theory Research Paper:
- A delineation of personality structure (See the Concentric Circles Diagramming the Self)
- What is affirmed regarding the structure of personality?
- If structure is disregarded, how are we to think regarding personality?
- An explanation of motivation?
- What pushes /drives the structure to produce behaviors?
- What impact does the past, present, and future have on behaviors?
- What role does the unconscious, preconscious, and conscious mind play in influencing human behavior?
- A description of human development
- Does personality change across the lifespan?
- If personality changes, in what way does it change, how does it change, and how does this impact an individual’s behavior?
An accounting for individual differences:
- How do we account for how individuals differ from one another?
- A definition of health
- What does the healthy individual look like? (See the Grid for Tracking Progress in the Core, Soul [T.F.V/C], Body, Relationships.)
- What is the impact of systems on health
- A definition of illness
- What does illness look like from a Christian psychology perspective?
- What causes illness? What biological, cognitive, affective, volitional, social and sin-based factors contribute to the onset of illness?
A Definition of the Elements in a Comprehensive Theory of Cure
- What needs to be cured?
- What needs to happen for a sick person to get well?
- A development of the techniques that govern /guide the therapeutic process
- What techniques hold power for healing?
- How /when are the powers of the techniques maximized?
- What compromises the effectiveness of the techniques?
- A demonstration of effectiveness
- What validates the accuracy and effectiveness of the theoretical assumptions regarding the theory?
An explanation of how the overall theory relates to a comprehensive world view
- How does the proposed theory fit with a larger world view?
- How does the proposed theory fit with a world view that is informed by a biblical /theological perspective?
Must have an abstract for Christian Counseling Theory Research Paper.
Must use the bible as one source.