Canada and Potato Chips
Your assigned country is Canada and the product to be marketed is a chips. (any potato chip and or flavors)
As businesses opt to expand internationally, it is important to understand the marketing techniques used in different countries and cultures.
You are a member of the newly established international marketing team for AIU (American Interests United), based in Hoffman Estates, IL. AIU manufactures many types of packaged food products which are currently marketed only in the USA. The company has decided to expand internationally and will start by entering one foreign country with one product.
You have been assigned to research and investigate the possibilities of doing business. Your instructor will assign both the country and the product.
The Canada and Potato Chips Research Paper will consist of a written proposal including the following sections:
- Discussion of the international marketing environment for the assigned country
- Insights on cultural concerns that need to be considered when marketing your product
- Identification of a target market and rationale for this choice
- The product to be marketed in the target country and rationale for choice
- Proposed plan for entering the new market (exporting, joint venture, or direct investment) and rationale for choice
Please add your file in a word document using APA format.
Notes: A different country and product should be assigned to each person. Use the following lists of countries and products for those assignments.
PRODUCTS: Crisp Potato Chips; Popcorn Galore – caramel, cheese, butter flavors; Fresh Low Fat Soy Milk; Organic Wheat Crackers and Cheese; Pre-packaged low calorie cookie snack packs
When you use resources, remember to cite them in the body of the work using APA guidelines.