Biography of William Shakespeare for an English Literature Research Paper
Biography research papers on William Shakespeare begin with noting that William Shakespeare (1564-1616) was a great English playwright and poet. Shakespeare, a one of the great world literature authors, is recognized as a great topic for English literature research papers. A few basic facts on Shakespeare to include in your biography are as follows:
- William Shakespeare was born to John Shakespeare and mother Mary Arden.
- There is no record of his birthday. However, his baptism was recorded by the church, therefore his birthday is assumed to be the 23 of April 1564.
- Shakespeare was the third child of eight children.
- Shakespeare's father was very famous alderman in the town of Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Shakespeare attended the Stratford Grammar School.
- In 1582 he married Anne Hathaway. One year later she gave a birth for the first child, Susanna, followed by the twins Judith and Hamnet two years later.
- 1592 Shakespeare moved to London and became recognized as a successful actor, poet, and playwright.
- 1596 Hamnet died at age of eleven.
Shakespeare And his Coat of Arms
Shakespeare became a “gentleman” when the college of Heralds his father a coat of arms. Few years later he joined the most successful acting group in London: The Lord Chamberlain’s men. In 1599, the troupe lost the lease of the theater where they performed. At the same year the troupe build their own theater across the Thames, south of London, and they called it The Globe. In 1603 The Lord Chamberlain’s Men became The king’s Men, which designed by the king and they became known by The King’s Company. In 1613 the Globe Theater was burned during the performance of Henry VII by a cannon. The Globe was rebuild at the same year. However William Shakespeare retired from the stage. In his time William Shakespeare wrote 13 Comedies, 13 Historical plays, 6 Tragedies, 4 Tragicomedies, as wall as many sonnets. On 23rd of April 1616 he died in Stratford on his 52nd birthday.