This is a psychology research paper on behaviorism. An article on behaviorism will be analyzed. Behaviorists theory is concerned with observable and measurable behaviors and with the environment and procedures that produce or discontinue observable behaviors, rather than unobservable elements such as insight, motivation, or identity. In many respects, modern behaviorism is based on the inevitability of control in the learning process. That is, they believe that behavior is learned, and particular actions determine particular behaviors. Therefore, behaviorist theory contends that behavior can be influenced and intelligently modified. The system of behavior modification that is a result of behaviorist theory attempts to shape behavior through a variety of processes known as conditioning.
The following are famous behaviorists:
Behaviorism and Modification
This concept of conditioning and behavior modification is at the heart of behaviorism's practical applications. Its basic principle is that behavior is a function of its consequences and the probability of a behavior's recurrence depends on the events that proceeded that behavior when it occurred earlier . In theory, behavior can be increased or decreased, depending upon the consequences. In this way, behavior may be encouraged by rewards or discouraged by punishments. The efficiency of behavior modification as described above depends upon the control of the consequences. The nature of reinforcement, behaviors to be modified and other elements of behavior modification require an individualized approach. However, behaviorism has been successfully applied to group environments, as well.
How to write an Academic Research Paper on Behaviorism
For the research paper on behaviorism:
- Choose an article from a peer-reviewed journal (preferably one that specializes in behaviorism. Other peer-reviewed journals: Behavioral Disorders Behavior modification Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis In your term paper reflect upon the following: 1. Summarize the article (no more than one page)
- Critique the article-did you find it credible? Why or Why not?
- Do you agree with the conclusions drawn in the article? Why or Why not?
- How did the articles affect or change your thinking about behavior management and/or behaviorism?
- How do you think your future practice will be affected and or/or changed as a result of reading this article?