Article critiques are a special form of an article review. Much more than just an article summary, our writers know what is needed to provide you with an article critique that stands up against the toughest scrutiny.
- Don't understand what what makes a good article critique?
- No time for the exhaustive research that needs to be done to provide an educated critique?
You provide the article, we provide the critique!
What is an Article Critique?
Article critiques are an essential part of graduate research. The first part of the critique is at the knowledge/comprehension level. The second part of the critique includes analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the study, identification of logical linkages among component parts of a study, and evaluation of the study’s quality and usefulness for practice.
The following is a basic format for an article critique:
Identify the following elements of the study/article in the Abstract:
- Present and describe a refined map (model) of the framework.
- Present and discuss the design model. Present a flow diagram of data collection.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the study, such as strengths of the design and threats to design validity of the study.
In the body of the article critique:
- Compare the steps in the study with published research sources(s) and document these sources.
- Discuss the logical links of the steps of the research process in the article. Be sure to discuss the links as they are found in the study and not as they should be. Document statements.
- Develop a final summary evaluation of the quality of the study. Do not just restate strengths and weaknesses.
- Discuss your confidence in the study findings, consistency of this study’s findings with the findings from other studies, readiness of findings for use in practice, and contribution of the study to nursing knowledge. Document statements.