Microsoft Vega Case Study
This is a Business term paper that discusses the Microsoft Vega case study. It will center on equity and the legal issues to be considered in strategic employee compensation. It will conclude with components of compensation and labor relations.
Paper Masters provides custom term papers on The Microsoft Vega Project
Term paper is on a Case study in reference to the Microsoft Vega Project.
1. The Microsoft Vega case study will continue to be the organization studied and analyzed.
2. Research and discuss the aspects of equity and the legal issues to be considered in strategic employee compensation and how these are implemented in the case study organization.
3. With respect to labor relations, research the labor history of the assigned organization and assess its employee relations in general.
4. For the term paper gather information from the case text, study notes, and other sources and provide examples of how the organization currently operates and the changes that might be considered.
A. Determine the strategic fit of existing compensation systems options. Consider the advisability of pay for performance systems, skill-pay and competency pay systems, person pay systems, and/or cafeteria pay programs.
B. Propose changes as needed. Make recommendations on the communication and implementation of new programs.
C. Determine the impact of collective bargaining on the assigned organization. If not currently unionized, what would be the impact of a unionization campaign on the organization? If already unionized, what strategy is management using to communicate with the union? What alternative approach might be viable? Why?
Specifically address following components of compensation and labor relations as appropriate for the assigned organization:
1. How the firm strategically places itself with respect to external equity in its industry
2. The role of direct and indirect compensation in achieving competitive advantage
3. The types of compensation programs needed for the various types of work done in the organization
4. The feasibility of health care coverage and cost containment options
5. Level of adversity in employee relations in the organization
6. The possibility and potential impact of sunionization of its workforce
7. Any trends toward unionization