House on Mango Street
The following are guidelines for writing an "A" Book Report on The House on Mango Street:
Introduce the idea behind The House on Mango Street: problem statement, the topic is introduced, and groundwork is laid as to the direction of the report.
Body: Concentrate on the flow of the report - Be sure the report goes from general ideas to specific conclusions. Transitions tie sections together, as well as adjacent paragraphs.
- Coverage of content - the appropriate content in consideration is covered in depth without being redundant. Sources are cited when specific statements are made. Significance is unquestionable.
- Clarity of writing and writing technique- writing is crisp, clear, and full of sustenance. The writer incorporates the active voice when appropriate. The use of pronouns, modifiers, parallel construction, and non-existent language are appropriate.
- Conclusion: A synthesis of ideas and hypothesis or research question the author was able to make succinct and precise conclusions base on the review. Insights into the problem are appropriate. Conclusions and the hypothesis or research questions are strongly supported in the report.
Introducing the Idea: Problem Statement of a Book Report on House on Mango Street :
- The introduction needs to introduce the reader to the topic. It sets the tone and the mood for the reader. The introduction informs the reader about the purpose of your report. It also informs the reader about the background context of your report, significance of the topic, key terms or concepts and the boundaries of your report.
- You must also include full bibliographic details including: Author(s)/editor(s), publication date, title of book, publisher, place of publication and whether the book was translated from another language.
- A brief statement should be written about the author’s background, qualifications or experiences so the reader has an idea of where the author stands on the topic.
Body: Flow of the Report
The concepts should have a logical flow and transitions should tie each section together. There needs to be a natural or logical order to how the material is presented.
Coverage of Content for Book Report on Mango Street:
- This is a summary of what the content is supposed to be about. It should highlight the key points or issues and point out the evidence which the main claim rests. It should distinguish between the subject matter and the aims or purposes of the book.
- Clarity of Writing and Writing Technique The paper needs to be written at a graduate level. Sentence structure and punctuation must be proper and without errors. There should be no misspelled words or formatting errors.
This will involve a critical analysis of the text. Has the author achieved his or her aims? Does the evidence adequately support the central argument, theme or topic? How has the book contributed to the nursing profession or health care in general?
Your conclusion will point to the book’s usefulness with respect to other existing works on the subject. This will include some comment on the writing style of the author and the books overall clarity. Finally, consistent with your overall evaluation, you will need to discuss whether others will gain from reading this book.Paper Masters